Send a Message to Roger Gumbs
Just Call Me Mr. Revolving Door!!!
Raging Rog's HP!!!!!!!
I started playing bass back in 1991, while stationed at an Army base in South Korea. They were having a battle of the bands, and my band had nobody to play bass. I went out and bought a cheap $99 Samick bass, and learned my first song, "Hollywood" by Thin Lizzy. When I returned to the CONUS I played a little death metal and then gave up playing for about 8 years. In 2003 my ex decided to buy me a bass as a gift, and I've been playing ever since. I played in an 80s Metal band called "Rust", followed by a modern rock band called "The Nth Degree." When the Nth Degree decided to call it quits, I joined a band with some older gentlemen called DeClassified. The band's music was a concentration of 80's pop and classic rock. After almost a year with them, I decided to part ways so I could start playing in an original punk band called "The Snallygasters." I've been with them for 2 years now (joined June 2010). Now come July 2012, and I've been asked to rejoin DeClassified. The line-up is different than when I was with them the first go around, but the guitarist/good friend is still in the band.
Aside from my love for Bass....I'm also an avid baseball and football fan. I root for the New York Mets, Baltimore Orioles, Dallas Cowboys, and New York Jets. I've owned quite a few basses since 2003.below is the list. I may have missed a few the past couple of years, but this is pretty accurate. I was a big Peavey fan a few years ago, then went to Fender camp, then Musicman/Ernie Ball camp, and now I'm back to Fender camp.
BASSES IVE HAD...since 2003..
( Not in any Specific Order)
1. Ibanez SR305dx 5 string )
2. Ibanez GSR 200
3. Fender Fretless Jazz bass(MIM)
4. Peavey Palaedium
5. 1983 BC Rich Eagle
6. Squier Bullet(80's)
7. Peavey T-40
8. Peavey Dyna Bass
9. Peavey Fury
11.Warwick Rockbass 5 string
12.Warwick Corvette Standard
14.Fender MIM p bass
15.Aria Pro "The Cat bass"
16.2003 MusicMan Stingray Autumn redburst sparkle- X2
17.1983 Westone Thunder I
18. Ibanez ATK 300
19. Ibanez x-series (explorer copy)
20. SX Jazz Bass
21.2005 Rickenbacker Jetglo
22.2005 Rickenbacker Jetglo
23. 1984 BC RICH NJ series Eagle
24. Ibanez SR305dx
25. 2005 MusicMan Sterling
26. 1999 Fender Jazz deluxe
27. 2003 Rickenbacker Fireglo
28. Peavey Cirrus Peacock Blue
29. Peavey Cirrus bolt-on
30. 06 Musicman Sterling HS
31. Geddy Lee Jazz
32. Fender Hwy One P Bass
33. Modulus Flea bass
34. 2003 Fender P bass,
35. 2004 Rickenbacker Jetglo
36. 92 Peavey Palaedium.
37. 01 Peavey Cirrus- Bubinga
38. 01 Peavey Forum
39. 92 fender Jazz Plus
40. Michael Kelly firefly ABG
41. Warwick Corvette Standard 5
42. Peavey Axcelerator- .
43. Spector Legend 5 string
44. Ibanez SR530
45. 08' Fender Precision Bass
46. 1994 Musicman Stingray(Teal)
47. 2003 MusicMan Stingray(black)
48. 2007 Fender American Jazz Bass
49. Fernandes Tremor Deluxe
50. 2005 Fender American Jazz Bass
51. 1987 Fender Jazz Special(neck)/Squier(Body)
52. 1995 MusicMan Stingray SR5
53. 1999 Peavey Millennium USA
54. 2002 MusicMan Stingray-Black Sparkle-Maple neck
55. 2000 Fender American Deluxe Jazz
56. 2007 Fender American Deluxe Jazz
57. 77 Aria P bass
58. Dean Deamonator
59. Peavey Rudy Sarzo bass
60. Stingray SR5 lava pearl
61. StingRay SR4 HH Sapphire Black
62. StingRay 30th Anniversary
63. Bongo HH
64. MusicMan Stingray HH- Dargie Delight
65. Musicman Stingray Slo Special
66. Musicman Classic Series Stingray
67. Musicman Bongo HS
MY CURRENT GEAR
68. 2012 Fender Select Jazz Bass. Flamed maple top and tort pg, with stock pickups
69. 1999 Fender Jazz Bass with SD Antiquity II single coil pickups and maple fretboard.
70. 2011/12 Fender American Standard Jazz Bass- Blizzard Pearl with maple fretboard SD Aniquity II single coil pickups.
When playing live I use one of two rigs. The first is my MarkBass cmd 102p- 210 combo with a MarkBass 104 HR extension cabinet for 500w of rumbling power!! The second is Markbass LM III head with the 104 HR cabinet. I also use a BOSS Tu-2 Tuner, & Monster Cables.
- The reason I picked up the Bass is a Talent show while in the army. The first song I learned was "Hollywood" by Thin Lizzy
- The second time around I owe it to my ex who bought me a bass on our first Christmas together 7 years ago.
- Thin Lizzy, AC/DC, Social Distortion, RHCP
- Dropkick Murphys, Mastodon, Bruce Springsteen, The Meters
- Oldschool NY Hardcore, & 60-70's Funk&Soul