Pluckin the Carvin
The straight up lowdown ..........
As of November 6 2011, I'm 54 years young. Time flies when you're having fun! I've been playing bass since 1972. I'm happily married to a SUPER girl ( Cassandria ) and we have two sons, Tony and Michael. For the past 27 years I've worked as a school band director. Between the job and 3 bands (two jazz bands, and an R&B band) I have enough music in my life to keep me "musically occupied". I also sometimes play in a praise band when the "bass chair" is empty. And then there's the numerous musicals I play each year. Too much fun for one man!
My current equipment inventory consist of : 1982 Fender Jazz,Hohner p bass, 2002 Roscoe LG3005, Roland DB700, SWR Workingman 12, Roland SP-10 synth, Rogers 4 pc drum kit w/Zildjian cymbals, Tascam 4 track Portastudio, Finali notation software and most recently ..... Sibelius 4 notation software, Carvin XP8801540 PA system and a Thunderfunk 550 head paired up with an Aguilar GS 2X12 cab - my main rig. And new to the inventory : a Fender Jaguar bass and an old Kay upright. And most recently added.... a Carvin SB5000 and a Tascam 2488 Neo digital recorder.
- James Jamerson / Marcus Miller/Jaco/Nathan East
- Rocco Prestia / John Patitucci / J.S. Bach
- Miles Davis/ John Coltrane / Carlos Santana / George Duke
- Anything from "Motown"/ Anything from Miles Davis
- Blue Train (GRP Big Band) / At The Back Room ( Brian Culbertson)
- After The Love Is Gone (EWF) / If This Bass Could Only Talk (Stanley Clarke) / Sweet Baby ( George Duke & Stanley Clarke)