Respond to This
Let's See Those Smiling Faces
OK, so I just dropped in some new functionality. Some of it is a bit experimental, so please let me know if you encounter any probs. The main things are:
• Audio Playback — For those on tablets, smartphones, et al, most of the site's music playback is now in streaming MP3 format, so it should work for you no matter what you're using to access the site. Seems to work fine on iPad, iPhone, and Android phones.
The site tools like the Line Builder, Track Builder, and ear training exercises still need to use MIDI to do their respective jobs, but everything else is audio playback.
For lesson examples, you now have a choice of audio playback at tempos of 100%, 75%, and 50% of the suggested tempo, or the fully customizable MIDI playback. You can also grab embed code (a la Youtube) for any lesson example to put in a site message, in your blog, or wherever.
Also, we're now showing preview thumbnails for all lessons that have musical examples, so that, at a glance, you can get a better idea of what the concept is.
• Profile Pics — Upload a pic of yourself and it'll accompany you around the site. As the end result is cropped square, those images will result in better looking profile pics.
• Picture Uploading — In general, you can upload pics to your account using the 'Upload Picture' links in the member area, or anywhere you'd regular post text (lesson, messages, et al). These pics are then available to you throughout the site.
• MP3 Uploading — You can now self-publish your own MP3s. Just upload it in the member area, tell us what gear you used, and some info about the song, set it to 'Published' and there ya go. Playback buttons accompany it everywhere on the site, so it makes for sweet listening in a variety of places.
• Commenting — You can now comment on most anything on the site, including lessons, pix, mp3s, news, videos, articles. You can include pix, chords, scales, et al in your comments, and it threads similar to Fretbuzz.
• Ratings — Similar to comments, you can give a rating (1 to 5, 5 being best) to most anything on the site, including lessons, mp3s, videos, articles.
• The member area now contains a rolling feed of everything that happens on the site, so you can keep track of all new activity at a glance.
Let me know how it goes.
Respond to this
Re: Let's See Those Smiling Faces
7/16/2012 7:56 PM
WILLIAM HULSEY (25099) wrote:
I'm really digging the idea of the self published mp3s. Now a couple of the guys who record will be able to share their stuff here and open it up for comments. Of course, the profile pic is a great idea.
I'm especially excited about the audio playback on smart phones and tablets. I travel a lot and sometimes the hotel computer speakers aren't...well...there. So now I can pop my ear buds in and listen to the lessons and tunes on my phone.
The only thing we need now is an edit button and a little George Jetson briefcase to keep amp and bass in--at least for those of us who travel.
Thanks for all the time you're putting in for AB, Chris. Well done, sir.